Five Ways in which Mobile Animal Rehab Services can help your pet
Animal rehabilitation is a great treatment option for reducing pain, decreasing inflammation, and reducing the time it takes to get your pet back to their regular level of activity in both surgical and non-surgical injuries. Treatment plans can include individual therapeutic modalities or modalities working together in combination to maximize the full benefits of treatment.
1. Manual Therapy (joint and spinal mobilizations and joint compressions) incorporates in-depth knowledge and anatomy and movement and hands-on techniques used to reduce anxiety and joint pain, relieve muscle spasms, increase joint range of motion, and increase the overall functioning of the joint and cartilage during recovery and healing.
2. Therapeutic exercises increase range of motion, muscle strength, weight-bearing, balance, coordination, and gait retraining to ensure that exercises are performed safely and progressed to more challenging exercises to continue to build strength, improve balance and achieve rehabilitation goals
3. Electrotherapy modalities such as Class 3b LASER Therapy uses an infrared light that penetrates the skin and helps to decrease pain and inflammation within target tissue whilst improving healing in patients with problems such as pain, arthritis, surgical incisions, and other ligament and tendon injuries. Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) involves using an electrical current to facilitate muscle contractions of a particular muscle or muscle group to increase its strength and retraining to prevent muscle loss and to reduce muscle spasms.
4. Owner Education includes how to get your pet to move more easily and with less pain without risking injury to you. Mobile Animal Rehab Services can help provide recommendations and advice to support home modifications for you and your pet.
5. Home Exercise Programs support owners with the tools they may need to learn and change to keep their dogs and cats healthy, fit, active, and happy as they age.